Reserve Bank of India has decided to introduce a new scheme of selection for recruitment of officers in Grade-‘B’ (DR), from recruitment year 2015. Under the new scheme of selection the examination will be computer based (Objective type with Multiple Choice Question pattern) and consists of two phases, viz., Phase-I and Phase-II, followed by Interview.
This Phase will continue as per existing Phase-I examination for Grade-‘B’. The Phase-I is Objective examination consisting of four modules viz.- General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning.
Phase-I : Objective Type – 2 hours – 200 marks
This phase consists of three papers in MCQ pattern (except Paper-I) – viz. Paper-I on English (writing skills); Paper-II – Economic & Social Issues and Paper-III – (optional subjects) – Finance & Management/ Economics/ Statistics.
Phase-II: Three Papers – 300 marks
- Paper-I – online- English-( writing skills)- 1½ hours – 100 marks.
- Paper-II – Economic and Social Issues – 1½ hours – 100 marks.
- Paper-III – Optional Paper (Finance & Management/ Economics/ Statistics) – 1½ hours – 100 marks.
Interview: 50 marks
- Candidates will be required to write all the papers online.
- Only successful candidates of Phase-I will appear for Phase-II examination on a later date.
- Based on the results of Phase-II examinations candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
- Final selection will be through merit lists which will be prepared by adding marks secured by candidates in Phase-II (Paper-I + Paper-II + Paper-III) and Interview.